Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Passing Form Values

A form property can be seen by any procedure as well.

--
HTH

Bob

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Another way is to use a Public variable in a General module (not in the
userform
code module).

Public MyFileName as String 'or whatever you want.

Then this variable will be able to be seen by any procedure.

David wrote:

I've a form that allows the user to enter a filename.

I want the filename entered to be used in another function, the
function that calls the form in the first place, but the variable
appears to be volatile, ie it's not being passed back to the calling
function.

How do I get the variable passed back? I could do it by writing it
onto the worksheet but is there a way of doing it just with variables?

Let me know if you want to see the code.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson