Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Dates: How to check if date value is 10 months and or 1 year o

This might be easier to work with:

Public Function CurrentAge(dBirthdate As Date) As Integer
CurrentAge = DateDiff("yyyy", dBirthdate, Date)
End Function

See the DATEDIFF function in VBA help (note the 2 F's)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
"Rick S." wrote in message
The things most of you on this BB can do amaze me, on that note, I am flat
out failing to understand the use of the function provided on Chips
website.

Function Age(Date1 As Date, Date2 As Date) As String
Dim Y As Integer
Dim M As Integer
Dim D As Integer
Dim Temp1 As Date
Temp1 = DateSerial(Year(Date2), Month(Date1), Day(Date1))
Y = Year(Date2) - Year(Date1) + (Temp1 Date2)
M = Month(Date2) - Month(Date1) - (12 * (Temp1 Date2))
D = Day(Date2) - Day(Date1)
If D < 0 Then
M = M - 1
D = Day(DateSerial(Year(date2), Month(date2), 0)) + D
End If
Age = Y & " years " & M & " months " & D & " days"
End Function

I have worked out a scenrio via DateDif (worksheet) but there are to many
dates to check in this manner. Any help on the use of the above function
will be appreciated.

--
Regards

Rick
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Start by visiting Chip Pearson's coverage of Excel's unexplainably
undocumented DATEDIF function:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Then...for a date in A1...perhaps a formula like this:
=CHOOSE(SUM((DATEDIF(TODAY(),A1,"M")={10,12})*{1,2 })+1,"na","10 mths","1
year")

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Rick S." wrote in message
I have read so many posts but i am not grasping the use of dates.
My problem seems simple, in my mind, but it is not in excel.
I have a worksheet that will have dates in a range and each date needs
be
checked for expiration, is it 10 months and or 1 year old from current
date
(current date is every/any day I use the workbook).

Any help is appreciated!

--
Regards

Rick