Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
green biro green biro is offline

Default Two Pivot Table VBA Questions

(1) How do I replace a datafield in each pivot table in my workbook
programatically?

I want to aggregate a different field. I know that addfields sort of does
this but it also gets rid of my col, row and pagefields. And sometimes I
have the same data field in twice (once formatted as number and once as
percentage). In these cases I would want to replace it twice. Then

(2) How can I just add a page field to a pivot table?

Addfields has an appendfield argument but that only applies to a pivot chart
rather than a pivot table. I'm thinking that I could somehow extract an
array of each type of field for each pivot table and feed it back in to the
addfields method but I'm not entirely sure how to do that and it would seem
rather long winded.

Thanks in advance for any help.