Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
robotman robotman is offline

Default AVERAGE, STDEV, SEM with criteria

I have a table with several columns. One of the columns is the group
number and another has volumes of each item.

Example:

Group Vol ... etc
1 20
1 22
1 24
2 24
2 30
2 28

How can I calculate the Average, Stdev, and SEM for each group. I
need some sort of AverageIf, Stdevif, SEMif ..etc. I could write a
macro to go through each line and check for a group match, but if
there's a way to do the calculations with a one-liner, that would be
great.

Note: SEM is not a std XL function, but is calcuated: =STDEV()/
SQRT(COUNT())

Thanks for any ideas.

John