Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy[_8_] Doug Glancy[_8_] is offline

Default CopySheet After

Karen,

I'm glad it's working! I was wondering if your code involves more than one
workbook, or if somehow the activesheet got changed in the NewSheetName
subroutine. But I don't have any great insights. If it happens again, I'd
confirm that the Activesheet is what you expect.

Doug

"Karen53" wrote in message

I have a list of sheet names and when a new sheet is created it is added
in
sequetial order on the list. When a new sheet is created, I'm trying to
have
it placed after the item on the list before it. I error out at the copy
statement. It tells me it failed. I am unable to determine why. In
debug,
the correct sheetname and Sheetnumber appear in the variables, so I'm at a
loss.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If MainPagepg.Range("BC" & NewRow - 1) = "" Then
ShNumber = Firstpg.Index
Else
AfterShName = MainPagepg.Range("BC" & NewRow - 1).Value
ShNumber = Sheets(AfterShName).Index
End If

CAMMaster.Activate

Call NewSheetName(SheetName)
If SheetName = "" Then Exit Sub

'copy the sheet
ActiveSheet.Copy After:=Sheets(ShNumber)

Thanks for your help.
--

Karen