Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default Solver Iterations-how to change number

In Help, under "Troubleshoot Solver," there are a number of reasons
why Solver might stop prematurely. For instance, "For problems with
integer constraints, you need to decrease the Tolerance setting in the
Solver Options dialog box so that Solver can find a better integer
solution."

If that example isn't the problem, you might want to peruse the
others.

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 27, 3:04 pm, Rick Hicks <Rick
wrote:
Hi,

When I try to change the number of solver iterations I can't seem to
actually get it to do more than about 5. I walked through the iterations
step-by-step and after about 5 iterations it quits. If I start from that
solution a couple more times it gets to the solution, so I seem to have a
simple problem that only requires about 15 iterations but changing the number
of iterations allowed doesn't seem to have an effect. I have tried
everything that seems obvious.

Thanks.