Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Karen53 Karen53 is offline

Default Conditional formatting

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I tried the xlEdgeLeft etc. but I still get an
error at the .linestyle = xlContinuous stating it can't process the line.

I did the same thing in another cell and it works perfectly. I see no
difference between the two except the condition.

Is there anything else I should check?

thanks
--

Karen

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Could also be a syntax problem:
Try xlEdgeTop, xlEdgeLeft, xlEdgeBottom
Se if you still get the error.

"Karen53" wrote:

Hi,

I keep getting an error stating it can't create the top line. It errors at
the LineStyle Continuous. I don't know why. What do I need to check?

With Range("L2")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="=""""""Gross Up"""""""
.FormatConditions(1).Borders(xlRight).LineStyle = xlNone
With .FormatConditions(1).Borders(xlLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With Selection.FormatConditions(1).Borders(xlTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With .FormatConditions(1).Borders(xlBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With