Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Self-Calling Problem Self-Calling Problem is offline

Default Activate macro after clicking on a particular cell

I have a similar issue. I tried the solution listed here and it worked... a
little too well. In the Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range)
(I'm not clear on what the ByVal Target as Range does,) the macro makes
changes to the worksheet. Specifically, it inserts a row in the current
worksheet and copies some formulas from an adjacent row.
The problem with this is that the Private Sub is calling itself when it
makes the change since the Sub causes the change that activates itself. This
sends the macro into an infinite loop whenever I make a change and I have to
ctrl+break to regain control. The macro stops in the middle of execution and
restarts. Any ideas on how to make the macro only execute once or only
execute when the user makes the change instead of the macro?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Right click on the sheet tab and select view code and put in code like this

Set rng = Target.MergeArea
Select Case rng.Address(0, 0)
Case "A10"

Case "B2:D3"

End Select
End Sub

then call the procedures within the case statements or put your code there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Moises" wrote:

I have both cases, one with a single cell like A10, and the second case a
range of cells with a merge format so they are displayed as a big cell (for
example range b2..d3, with a merge format).
Thanks
--
Moises

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Which is it: A10 or a range of cells that have a format of merge so they
look like a big cell?

Tom Ogilvy

"Moises" wrote:

What do I have to code in order to call a macro after a select, or clikc on a
paricular cell?, for example, I would like to run the macro after a select
the cell A10 or a range of cells that have a format of merge so they look
like a big cell ?
Thanks
--
Moises