Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default Managing objects in VBA ( specifically good practices with destruc

Check out the key word "Nothing", example: Set Object = Nothing

"Tom Med" wrote:

I am having a lot of problems with VBA instability at the moment. And
I am pretty sure this is to do with the destruction of objects and
their deletion from memory. I get this instability everytime I try to
stop the VBA or to close certain workbooks. Does anyone have any
information or resources about how VBA manages it objects? Or does
anyone know what known problems there are with certain types of object
that could cause instabilities? Sort of like the C# problem with
structs vs classes. Are there certain things I should to to ensure
the clean removal of objects within classes?

Thanks
Tom