Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default What are {}, how do you use them in IF statements

Hi Paul

The curly braces { } around a formula, signifies that it is an array
formula.
The braces appear when you commit or edit a formula using
Control+Shift+Enter (CSE) not just Enter.
You do not type the brackets yourself, Excel will insert them when you use
CSE.

The reason your formula stops working after amending, is you have just
pressed Enter, rather than CSE.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Paul" wrote in message
I'm new to this process and I have previous typed the same question but
haven't seen my question on the internet, so here goes again, probably my
fault.

I am using another person's formula. They have used the following brackets
{
}.

Q -
What do they mean.
When I try to amend the formula they disappear {} and the formula stops
working.
How do I activate them and amend them
Why are they different to ().

Thank you in advance dor your help.