Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Renaud Bill Renaud is offline

Default How to zero out non-contiguous ranges

Dean wrote:
<<...is there a way to change EXCEL's simple formats, the kind that have
those clickable buttons?

I suppose you could override the buttons by assigning them to a new macro
that you would write, but I think it is simpler to just use Styles. Using
the Customize dialog box, add the Styles combo box to your formatting
toolbar (see Excel Help for your version to do this). I have a template
that has all of the custom styles that I need for any worksheet. When
building a new workbook, I simply select a bunch of cells that will all be
the same format, then choose a style from the Styles combo box. A Style can
apply a number format, borders, cell protection, etc. all in one selection
from the combo box.
Bill Renaud