Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default How to Set Focus a row - Option Button Click

You need to change the LinkCell property of the Option button.

On excel spreadsheet Menu - View - toolbar - Control Toolbar. Enter design
mode (triangle). Then press conhtrol button and select properties on the
toolbar. Chenge LinkCell to any cell.

Then double click option button to open a VBA macro. Add code below. Each
button will have its own macro.

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
linkcell = OptionButton1.LinkedCell
Range(linkcell).Select
End Sub

"Lisab" wrote:

How to Set Focus to the row - Option Button Click

***My Problem***
when you click on an Option Button it does not change the focus or make the
Option Button cell the active cell.

in my worksheet I have a Option Button in every row that will run a macro
that uses the values from the cells in the active row

I would like to set the focus or make the row from where the Button is
pressed, the active row

***example ***
If I click on a cell in row 3 then click on the option button in row 5 the
code that runs uses the values from row 3 - because clicking on the Option
Button does not change the focus off of row 3 and onto row 5

When I click on the option button in row 5, I want to make row 5 the active
row so the macro will use the values in row 5

does anyone have any ideas on how to change the focus when an Option Button
is clicked?