Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Omar[_7_] Omar[_7_] is offline

Default Loop to specific rows

Don, yes that is what I wanted, I got it working now somewhat.

"HI", Sorry for not being clear, what I have is this.
Original.xls:

Row 1 User Monday Tuesday
Row 7 jack 123/45 876/54
Row12 john 526/4 456/3
Row17 Bob 231/e 314/tw

what I have to do is extract the user and id field and put it in
another xls.
I figured out how to do this without the loop. with the loop i was
having some trouble.

Another complication is that, from the id field, i just need to pull
the first three chars.so at the end the new file will look something
like:

Row 1 User ID
Row 2 jack 123
Row 3 john 526

I'll try playing around with your code and see if I can come up with
anything.

On Sep 26, 12:28 pm, HI wrote:
Sorry Omar did not mean to leave you hanging. I don't really
understand what you meant, but for your question for me how to make my
code copy... Now I must warn you this is not the best way... well
almost anything but here goes. This macro will copy values from cells
C7 etc to Test.xls to column A so that first value (C7) will go to A2
and D7 in A3 and so on. I asume you will have both original data.xls
and test.xls open and nothing else.

Sub test()
Range("c7").Select
For i = 0 To 10