Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Using DEC2BIN(range,6) in VBA Code

? application.Run( "ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2BIN",125)
1111101

works fine as you can see from the above demo in the immediate window

Sub ABC()
for i = 2 to 62
cells(i,2) = application.Run( "ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2BIN",i-2)
Next
end sub

starting in B2 produced:

0
1
10
11
100
101
110
111
1000
1001
.. . .

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote:

Hi Tom,

It has come up with an error saying that ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2BIN cannot
be found and make sure it is installed, which it is. Is this because
ATPVBAEN.XLA!BIN2DEC exists but not ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2BIN please.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

On Sep 26, 12:48 pm, Paul Black wrote:
Thanks for the reply Tom,

Is there a way so I don't need to actually input the 0 to 63 values in
the spreadsheet please. What I mean by that is get the program to
calculate the 0 to 63 and use them instead of the spreadsheet figures
because I don't actually need the 0 to 63 figures at all, they are
only there to work out the DEC2BIN(range,6) values.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

On Sep 26, 12:38 pm, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:

For i = 2 to 65
Cells(i,"C").Value = Application.Run("ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2BIN",Cells(i,"B" ))
Next
Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote:
Hi everyone,

At the moment I input the vales 0 to 63 in cells "B2:B65".
I input the Formula =DEC2BIN(B2,6) into cell "C2" and copy it down to
cell "C65".
The =DEC2BIN(range,6) is an engineering function that converts
"Decimal" to "Binary". For anybody wanting to use this the Analysis
ToolPak needs to be installed (which I have).

I have the code :-

Range("A1").Select

For I = 1 To 64
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 2).Value = nSum(I)
Next I

The output starts in cell "D2" and continues down to cell "D65" and
works great.
Is there anyway that I can use the DEC2BIN(range,6) so the code
calculates it and outputs the answer, preferably not getting it to
output the formula itself into the worksheet. I would ideally like the
figures produced to be output to cells "C2:C65" please.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul- Hide quoted text -