Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default Finding the first blank cell in a row..in column "A"

Gord, The code you posted would be used to select the next cell below
the last cell with data in it. The OP said that they wanted to find
the first blank cell in column A, which wouldn't necessarily be the
lone below the last row.
Example:
Row1 A
Row2 B
Row3
Row4 D
Row5

According to what the OP is asking for, I would believe that Row3
would need to be selected, not Row5. Now, the OP could certainly have
meant that they wanted to select the cell below the last used one.
Not trying to step on any toes here, but just wanted to make sure that
the OP gets the result they are after.

Regards,
-Jeff-
Gord Dibben wrote:
Sub findbottom()
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:31:12 -0700, Anthony B. wrote:

I need help to find the first blank row in column A and need to select
that cell. Any help would be highly appreciated.

AB