Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Pfluger Matthew Pfluger is offline

Default How can I lock the header cell so it's not alphabetized?

This line of code will sort the entire first column while leaving the header
row as it is.

Range("a:a").Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

This command will not affect data in adjacent columns. If you wish to sort
column a with other data, you should change the Range("a:a") part to
something that matches your range (like Range("a:e") or something).

HTH,
Matthew Pfluger

"TanaMary" wrote:

I have a string (thanks to JW) to auto alphabetize column A in my
worksheet.... however...it's including the title cell. How can I adjust that
so it only alphabetizes from cell A2 through the rest of the worksheet.......

I SOOOOO need to take computer classes!!!!