Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default Detecting user cancel out of "File Open" input box

Sub fOpenTest()
Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls")
If FName = False Or FName = "" Then Exit Sub
'Rest of your code here
End Sub
wrote:
On Sep 25, 8:57 am, wrote:
The following macro segment is supposed to detect if the user
cancelled out of an "Open File" input window, but I keep getting a
"subscript out of range" error. What am I doing wrong?

Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls")
If Not FName = False Then Workbooks.Open FName
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

If FName < False Then
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(FName)
MsgBox "File open cancelled"
wb.Close
End If

Thanks.

For some reason it's not recognizing that the user canceled out of the
"open file" window as the message box isn't even being displayed.
The error is found in a spot lower down in my code (where it has
assumed that a file had been opened.) When the user cancels out
all I want is for the "Open file" window to close and then the user
should be brought back to the file where the macro resides.