Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Saving file when path is unknown

the filename need to be in double quotes

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & "tempfile.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

" wrote:

On Sep 24, 7:28 am, wrote:
I am writing a macro utility that will be used on several different
PC's. One step in the macro saves a file using the path of the
currently opened file (where the macro resides). This step works
for my PC since the macro identifies my specific path. I need for
this macro to work when the path of the currently open file is
unknown. How would I do this?

Thanks.

I've tried the following coding as I want to save the file under a new
name (tempfile) , but it keeps giving me an error

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" &
tempfile.xls" _
, FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Whay doesn't this work?