Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Karen53 Karen53 is offline

Default save textbox as number wth Cint?

Thank you, Bob. That sure makes things easier.

Why would I get an object defined error on this?

with ws
..Cells(Choice, 5).NumberFormat = "General"
end with

Thanks,

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Karen,

If you use Val rather than using CInt, it won't error on that, and will
return 0.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Karen53" wrote in message
Thanks to both of you. I realized it was because the textbox was empty.
So
I'm checking for that as well as the numeric value.

Thanks,
Karen

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could check first:

with ws
with .Cells(Choice, 7)
.NumberFormat = "0"
if isnumeric(me.txtdaysoccupied.value) then
.value = CInt(Me.txtDaysOccupied.Value)
else
.value = 0 'or a warning message???
end if
end with
end with

end with

Karen53 wrote:

Hi,

I am having trouble saving my textbox as a number. Here is the format
I am
using..

with ws
.Cells(Choice, 7).NumberFormat = "0"
.Cells(Choice, 7) = CInt(Me.txtDaysOccupied.Value)
end with

It errors out at the CInt statement with a Type Mismatch. I tried
declaring
an integer variable and converting to this as well but I received the
same
error message.

What am I missing?

Thanks