Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy[_8_] Doug Glancy[_8_] is offline

Default reference a cell within the header

Nikki,

I think this will do what you want. Basically, you surround the unchanging
text in quotes and put the cell reference where you want it in the string
and then connect the various parts with ampersands:

Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = "Schedule " &
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C2").Value & " Attachment A"

hth,

Doug

"NikkiB" wrote in message
Doug,

I'm sorry I don't think I explained my properly.

I tried the code and if the value in cell C2= "1" my header reads as
follows:
Schedule C2 Attachment A1

I was hoping there would be a way to insert the value from cell C2 between
the words Schedule and Attachment so that my header would read as follows:
Schedule 1 Attachment A

Is this possible?

I apologize for the confusion.

Thank you so much for your time.

Nikki

"Doug Glancy" wrote:

NikkiB,

Assuming your header is still in Sheet1:

Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = "Schedule C2 Attachment A" &
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C2").Value
End Sub

hth,

Doug

"NikkiB" wrote in message
I would like to enter the value from a cell into a header. For Example.
want the header to say "Schedule C2 Attachment A" with the value of
cell
C2
displayed within the header.

I found the below code but do not know if its possibe to adjust for
what I
need.

Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader =
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value
End Sub

Thanks in advance for any help.