Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default range names in macros - syntax again

Thanks much for that info. Also, thanks to Gary.

Dean

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
I'm not quite sure why my original one worked (I think) without
the End if. Is it only sometimes necessary?

There are two acceptable formats for If-Then statements.

If <logical expression Then <Code

and

If <logical expression Then
<Code
End If

The first form does not require an End If statement, but all your code has
to directly follow the Then keyword. Usually, this form is used when there
is a single code statement to be executed when the logical expression is
true. However, you could place multiple statements following the Then
keyword as long as they are separated from each other by a colon (but
doing so is not recommended as it makes your code much, much harder to
read). The second form is used when there are one or more code statements
to be executed when the logical expression is True. You also have to use
the second form when there will be ElseIf and/or Else tests.

Rick