Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mitch Mitch is offline

Default Importing an Excel file and prompting user for input

I'm still new to this, but I'm looking at WMI to maybe do this. (Please
correct me if I should just use .net to do this.)

I'm looking at a 'report file' in Excel, I can either CSV it or keep it in
the same format.
I need to copy that information and basically 'add' specific information
say, name, invoice, item and cost, and prompt the user for a special note, or
say if it's not a unique order.

Is this possible in Excel (Prompting for a file import, then prompting the
user for input via dialogue boxes?)

Or should I look at a script file to just handle the construction of the file?
Mitch