Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RhysPieces RhysPieces is offline

Default Automating requery

My workbook is set to automatically refresh on open from an MS Query I
created based on an ODBC source. However, it is static data if the source MS
Query itself does not automatically requery or rerun and save itself from the
linked ODBC source.
Is it possible via macro or some other code to make it rerun the MS Query,
save the results, and then return the dataset to my workbook when I open it?
As it is now, I first have to open the MS Query, rerun it, save and exit
before opening the workbook in Excel. I have a growing number of workbooks
(tied to different queries) that function in this way and would like to not
have to perform the extra steps. Please forgive if I have overlooked
anything that's already available in Excel or MS Query. Any assistance is
much appreciated.