Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rfusee rfusee is offline

Default Need help by smart people!!!

Moose,

There are a couple IF conditions that are met prior to the function being
called, is that what is causing this?

THANKS!!!!

"Moose" wrote:

On Sep 19, 4:58 pm, rfusee wrote:
I posted this yesterday, but noone replied. I'm hoping it's not because
there's no solution to my problem! Here's the deal...

I have a Cell in Excel which calls a VBA function which returns a long
string. The VBA function works correctly and the output looks correct in the
Cell. When I copy and paste that cell from Excel into Notepad, it adds
quotation marks around the beginning and end of the text. I can't figure out
how to make it so that doesn't happen.

Furthermore, if I copy and paste the adjacent Cell in Excel, which is also a
long string but one which I typed directly into the cell and not from a VBA
function call - there are not quotation marks around the text in Notepad!

Very, very frustrating...any help would be most appreciated...

It sounds like you're coping a formula from the first cell. That's
why you have the quotation marks.