Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Need help by smart people!!!

I bet you have alt-enters in your cell to force new lines within the cell.

Maybe you can do the copying in your code:

I used the PutOnClipboard routine that Chip Pearson has:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboard.htm

With this sub:
Option Explicit
Sub testme()
PutOnClipboard ActiveCell.Text
End Sub

And then pasted (manually) into NotePad. No double quotes were inserted.

Chip has instructions that you have to follow (including the tools|references
with "Microsoft Forms 2.0 object library") on that sheet.

rfusee wrote:

I posted this yesterday, but noone replied. I'm hoping it's not because
there's no solution to my problem! Here's the deal...

I have a Cell in Excel which calls a VBA function which returns a long
string. The VBA function works correctly and the output looks correct in the
Cell. When I copy and paste that cell from Excel into Notepad, it adds
quotation marks around the beginning and end of the text. I can't figure out
how to make it so that doesn't happen.

Furthermore, if I copy and paste the adjacent Cell in Excel, which is also a
long string but one which I typed directly into the cell and not from a VBA
function call - there are not quotation marks around the text in Notepad!

Very, very frustrating...any help would be most appreciated...

--

Dave Peterson