Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darren Hill Darren Hill is offline

Default Data validation list type

While Ron's suggestion of Dynamic Range names is far superior, here's an
easy way when you're in a hurry:

Manually insert a cell into the list being referenced (I usually insert
the cell just before the last one).
The range name automatically expands, and you can type the new entry
into the empty cell.
Then, rearranging the list via a sort works.

Darren