Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pranav Vaidya Pranav Vaidya is offline

Default find entire string then row background red

Hi Andrea,

Hope the below code helps!!!

Sub test()
Dim i As Integer
Dim mSearch As String
On Error GoTo HandleError
'This is your search string
mSearch = "test"
'Search for the string in column A
i = WorksheetFunction.Match(mSearch, Range("A:A"), 0)
'If found select the entire row
Range("" & i & ":" & i & "").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 3
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
Range("A" & i).Select

HandleError:

Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer
PN, MH-India
If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER!!

" wrote:

Hi Everyone

I dont know how easy this is but I wondered if this can be done in
code.

I need a macro to look down column A and search for an extract string
of text.

Everytime it finds a match it is then to highlight the row and format
the background of the row a specified colour.

I want to be able to use this macro for different string to colour all
my data.

I hope someone can help,

Many thanks

Andrea