Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luis A. Vázquez Luis A. Vázquez is offline

Default No cancel on input

On Sep 18, 11:54 am, JW wrote:
As far as I know, you can't totally get rid of the Cancel button. You
could always create a userform that resembles an Inputbox and do it
that way. Or, you can force them to enter a value in the input box
with something like this (untested):
Sub Auto_Open()
A2 = Range("A2")
If A2 = "" Then
start:
A2 = InputBox("Entra tu Nombre ", "Nombre .")
If A2 = "" Then
MsgBox "You MUST enter a value!", , "Required"
GoTo start
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Value = A2
End Sub

You'll also notice that I cleaned your code up a bit. No need to have
a variable to store another variable. And no need to activate the
cell before placing the value in it.

Luis A. Vázquez wrote:
How can i make an inputbox...popup, that does not have a cancel
button?

Is this possible? This is the code i have that i would like to
elimitate the cancel button.

Sub Auto_Open()
name = Range("A2")
A2 = name
If A2 = "" Then
A2 = InputBox("Entra tu Nombre ", "Nombre .")
Else

End If
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Activate
ActiveCell = A2
End Sub

JW,

Works very well. And thanks for the tip on cleaning up.