Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Importing CSV just like Excel opening CSV

Re-reading you post I am now not certain that I properly understood what you
meant by opening from Windows. Did you mean that you were opening with Excel
or opening with another Windows program like the editor?

Anyway I normally import csv files by simply opening them with VBA and go
from there to import the data into other applications and they work fine.

Regards,

OssieMac

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Bob,

Have you tried just opening the CSV file with Excel? Should import perfectly
if you do.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Bob" wrote:

Fellow peeps

I have some CSV files exported from Requisite Pro.
When I just open them from Windows, they come in fine.

When I try to import them through VBA, the formatting is different and
my columns are screwed up.

Any ideas on exactly what parameters Excel uses during the opening of
a CSV so that I can set them programmatically?

Right now, I am using the Sheet.QueryTable method. I have played with
a bunch of the parameters with no luck. Is there another way to
import that emulates the way Excel does it from Windows?

Thanks much
Bob