Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RPW RPW is offline

Default need help with nested for-next loops

Thanks for the quick reply Joel. I am trying to understand this and am not
sure that I do.

"Next Myweek" is in three places. The first "Next Myweek", I don't
understand why loop 52 times - is this clearing out any previous
SumArray(Myweek) by setting them to 0?

The second "Next Myweek" gets a runtime error # 13 Type mis-match.

The third place "Next Myweek" is used looks like it is being used to offset
the column and give the cell the value of SumArray(Myweek).

For Myweek = 1 To 52
SumArray(Myweek) = 0
Next Myweek

For Each ws In Worksheets

Set OldRange = Sheets(ws.Name). _
Range("H5:H17,H20:H32,H36:H48")

For Myweek = 1 To 52
SumArray(Myweek) = SumArray(Myweek) + _
OldRange(Myweek)
Next Myweek
Next ws

For Myweek = 1 To 52
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1"). _
Range("B6").Offset(0, Myweek - 1) = _
SumArray(Myweek)
Next Myweek

Workbooks(OldBkName).Close
End Sub

"rpw" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a old workbook with several worksheets. Each sheet is formatted the
same having weekly entries grouped quarterly for a 1 year period. (Each row
is 1 week).

I have a new workbook with each week in columns.

I need to have the sum of all week 1 (cell "H5") entries from every
worksheet in the old workbook put into the week 1 cell "B6" in the new
workbook.

And then all week 2 (cell "H6") into week 2 cell "C6" and so on.

The data in the old workbook is in four ranges (H5:H17, H20:H32, H36:H48,
H52:H64) on each worksheet. The weekly sums go into the new workbook range
of "B6:BA6".

So, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any guidance provided

rpw