Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Password protect worksheets

You can protect a worksheet via:
tools|Protection|protect sheet

But first you may want to lock or unlock different cells on each of those
worksheets.

Unless you've done something strange, all your cells will be locked. You can
select the cells that you want users to change and then Format|cells|Protection
tab|uncheck locked

Then protect the worksheet. Depending on the version of excel that you're
using, you may see a bunch of options that allow you to let users do stuff with
locked cells on a protected sheet.

But a couple of things to remember: Worksheet protection is easily broken and
there are lots of things that may not work on a protected worksheet. You may
want to do some testing before you share your workbook with others--just to make
sure it works as intended.

Jock wrote:

I spotted in my travels in this forum that someone referred to 'locking the
sheets' in a workbook. I like the sound of that! So, for instance, in a
workbook with seven sheets, five could be locked leaving two open to all
users.
How would I go about it???
--
Traa Dy Liooar