Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Cal formula upon sorting

stepping through the code and debugging is the next step.

1) Open the VBA window and click any line inside the macro.
2) pressing F8 will step through the code.
3) to see the values of the variables, right click the variable and then
select add watch. Add rowcount and startrow as two of the watch variables.

I suspect cell A2 is empty. Let me know how far the code runs.

" wrote:

Hi Joel,

I followed all these steps, still to no avail. btw, my Excel version
is 2000. What else could stand in the way?

Many thanks.

Don

On Sep 16, 12:50 am, Joel wrote:
There are 3 reason it may not have run
1) It works on the active worksheet. Yoy may have been on another sheet.
2) The code need to be on a module sheet in VBA. Look at the Project window
and add a module page in the workbook that you want to run the code. Module
can be added from the Insert menu or right clicking the workbook in the
project window.
3) Your security mode may be set to high
4) Go to spreadsheet window. Go to tools macro security and change the
security level to medium. SAve the wroklbook. Then close and open the
workbook. When the workbook opens press enable macros.

" wrote:
Thank you, Joel.

I went to the Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor and add your following
option A as a module then run the macro, it did not do anything.
Column F is also my calc formula column, and yes, call it Column F is
better, sorry I'm from db world... And my data starts from Row 4...

What did I miss?