Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Randy[_4_] Randy[_4_] is offline

Default Auto number formatting

On Sep 17, 6:13 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Yes, the code is messed up royally.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with your ever-changing formatting and
requirements.

For starters..............

You have a DV list in H14 with these items. Right?

Australian Dollar
U.S. Dollar
Canadian Dollar
European Euro
Indonesian Rupiah
British Pound

What do you want to see in F20:G38 and G39:40 if you pick say U.S. Dollar from
the list? How about European Euro?

What do you want to see in G41 with a pick?

Gord

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:25:38 -0700, Randy wrote:
Gord, I pasted in the code and made a few changes........ decided to
use full words rather than the acronyms. I had everything in Cells
F20:G40 working fine but then when I plugged in the remainder of the
code for G41 it all quit working! Now it seems like whatever I select
for currency, the number formatting is always to the second decimal
place and G41 gets no currency symbol of any kind or decimal place
formatting. I likely screwed something up. Could you please have a
look at what I've altered? Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry about the ever changing format. I promise not to make anymore
changes!
H14 has the correct choices.
In Cells F20:G38 and G39:G40 I only want a number that is formatted to
the appropriate decimal place for the choosen currency. I do not want
to display any currency symbols in these cells.
In Cell G41 I would like the number to be formatted according to the
currency selected but this time with a currency symbol either before
or after the number as in the case of Rupiah.
Thanks for your assistance and your patience.