Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Tidying Recorded Macro Code

Big H
I don't understand what the code is doing. It selects one cell, then
sorts the selection. Obviously you can't sort a range of one cell.
I take it that you want to sort something in a number of sheets. Do you
want to sort the same range in every sheet? What range? Do those ranges
include headers?
I would use a For loop through an array of all the sheets you want to
sort, then sort each range. If all the ranges are the same then that's all
you would need. If not, I would use a Select Case construct to define the
range for each sheet. Post back if you need more. If you post back,
include more detail about what the ranges are or, if they are variable,
include an explanation of how the range-to-sort is determined for each
sheet. HTH Otto
"Big H" wrote in message
Hi There, Hopefully someone can help me, I have recorded the macro below
which works fine, however it's very large. Basically all I need is for the
the following sheets.

("UK Purchasing Data"); ("EJ200 Data Sheet"); ("UK Purchasing Data 1203");
("UK Purchasing Data 1103"); ("UK Purchasing Data 2103"); ("UK Purchasing
Data 1303"); ("UK Purchasing Data Spares"). To be sorted ascending order
on range L2

any help would be appreciated.

Big H

Sub Sort_Desending_Order()
'
' Sort_Desending_Order Macro
' Macro recorded 17/08/2007 by BigH
'

'
Range("A19").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L20"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range( _
"E20"), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase _
:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("EJ200 Data Sheet").Select
Range("E1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data 1203").Select
Range("G1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data 1103").Select
Range("H1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data 2103").Select
Range("L1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data 1303").Select
Range("L2").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data Spares").Select
Range("L1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("L2"), Order1:=xlDescending,
Key2:=Range("E2") _
, Order2:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase:= _
False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst
Sheets("UK Purchasing Data").Select
Range("A1").Select
End Sub