Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork[_3_] StargateFanFromWork[_3_] is offline

Default Copy only basic number without dollar sign or commas (or cell form

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Edit=Paste special and select values.

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. I need a vb solution which is why I posted to
this ng <g, and the app I'm copying into doesn't have paste special. Sorry
'bout that.

So I'd need the vb code to hopefully copy and remove the $ and , from the
value so that when I paste to another application, I get just the basic
number.
i.e., in my example below, I'd take the result of the formula
=SUM(J3:J65506) of, say,

$15,278.34

and get a paste of

15278.34

The application I'm pasting into is a custom-built one where I work and it
doesn't accept the $ sign and comma in numbers like $15,278.34. It would
save me time to have something like this, so here's hoping! <g

Thanks! :oD

Tom Ogilvy

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote:

Would there be a way to have XL2K allow user to copy a cell's result but
paste it without dollar sign and comma?

What I mean is that cell K2 shows result of, say, $5,496.64 with formula
of
=SUM(J3:J65506)

Is there a way to get it to make paste show up as the basic number, also
without any of the cell formatting, so that result is

5496.64

instead of $5,496.64?

Thanks! :oD