Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Columns limit 512

No, only with 2007.

--
HTH

Bob

"Vasu" wrote in message
Dear Mr. Gary,

This new limit 16K you are talking about is available only with 2007 or is
there any ways to acheive the same in 2003.

Regards,
V A S U

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

there are only 256 unless you have excel 2007
The total number of available columns in Excel:
Old Limit: 256 (2^8) 256
New Limit: 16k (2^14) 16384

--

Gary

"Vasu" wrote in message
We are presently using Excel for linking all our Solidworks (CAD)
parameter
and we need some more columns to be inserted.

Is it possible to increase the no od columns from 512? Pls mail me at

Thanks in advance!