Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Partial sheet protection

Thanks Tom! Forgot about that!
--
JNW

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

For the OP, JW is assuming you are using xl2002 or later.

Tom Ogilvy

"JNW" wrote:

Tools Protection Protect Sheet

Play with some of the options. Unfortunately I can't seem to allow hiding
and unhiding rows. Record a macro while changing and mess with the
properties in VBA.
--
JNW

"brains" wrote:

How do I protect a sheet so that a user can still hide, un-hide, or add lines
????? Protecting cells, contents, and objects in the usual way does not
allow the user to do so.

If not, is there a way to DISABLE the user's ability to re-format cells,
columns, and lines while still letting them add lines?

I hope this makes sense. Help!