Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carl Carl is offline

Default Is there a code to clear clipboard to prevent pasting on mouse

Thanks, Bernie.
Your code worked perfectly to clear the clipboard when a change was made on
the worksheet. However, it does not stop someone from cutting/pasting from
one cell to the next since they typically don't change the worksheet between
steps. Is there a way to have Excel execute a code (popup msg, etc.) anytime
someone puts something on the clipboard? This would take care of the problem
without restricting them all pasting. Thanks again, Carl

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Carl,

Copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab and select "View Code" and paste the code into the
window that appears.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Dim myType As Long
On Error GoTo noValidation
myType = Target.Cells(1).Validation.Type
Application.CutCopyMode = False
noValidation:
End Sub

"Carl" wrote in message
I have a problem in that users sometimes cut and past data from one cell to
the next in my worksheets and this wrecks the conditional formatting and
formulas. I can't protect the cells because they need to be able to make
entries and I can't allow specific users only because the users are always
changing. Is there a way to enter a worksheet macro that will clear the
clipboard before the paste command is run, thus preventing the activitiy?
Thanks in advance, Carl