Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nolaughmtr Nolaughmtr is offline

Default Having trouble with this code

Ossie,
That was the problem right there (end if). But for some reason it doesnt
split the first cell like I want it to when I run it again. Also when I run
it again it freezes up. Maybe I have my loop wrong?

"OssieMac" wrote:

If you used Joel's code did you add the end if like this:-

if InStr(Text, " ") 0 then
Text = Trim(Mid(Text, InStr(Text, " ")))
end if

Regards,

OssieMac

"Nolaughmtr" wrote:

thanks gents,
but now im getting a error "loop with out do"?

"Joel" wrote:

Instr will cause an error if it doesn't find a space. Put in this fix. You
may also want to trim text if it doesn't find a space.

if InStr(Text, " ") 0 then
Text = Trim(Mid(Text, InStr(Text, " ")))

"Nolaughmtr" wrote:

I get an error at " <<<<" when i try an run it again. basically im
trying to coppy information from one page to another and then splitting the
fist row on the second page. I would also like help on trying to add more
information from the 1st sheet to the second sheet. its not constant
information so im a bit confused on how to do it. If anyone wants to look at
the file please let me know because I know this is pretty confusing.

Sub copy_1()
Dim SourceRange As Range, DestRange As Range
Dim DestSheet As Worksheet, Lr As Long

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
End With

'fill in the Source Sheet and range
Set SourceRange = Sheets("we 9-8-07").Range("F2:G93")

'Fill in the destination sheet and call the LastRow
'function to find the last row
Set DestSheet = Sheets("DIE STATUS")
Lr = DestSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

'With the information from the LastRow function we can
'create a destination cell and copy/paste the source range
Set DestRange = DestSheet.Range("A" & Lr + 1)
SourceRange.COPY DestRange

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.EnableEvents = True
End With

Worksheets("DIE STATUS").Activate
cellCount = 2
With Worksheets("Die status")
Do While Cells(cellCount, "A") < ""

Number = Val(Cells(cellCount, "A"))
Text = Cells(cellCount, "A")
Text = Trim(Mid(Text, InStr(Text, " ")))<<<<
.Cells(cellCount, "A") = Number
.Cells(cellCount, "C") = Text
cellCount = cellCount + 1

Loop