Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] christie.taru@gmail.com is offline

Default Converting a Column of Numbers Displayed as Text to Numbers

On Sep 12, 8:54 am, cardan wrote:
Hello,

I have a situation where I think an easy macro would do the trick,
however, I am somewhat new to macros. I have a set of numbers that I
import from a different accounting program. The numbers that are
imported, are the accounting codes and they are all in column A and
are seen by Excel as text. I can convert them to a numbers, but the
process is time consuming. Is there a macro that will convert the text
numbers in Column A to actual numbers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Just multiply those column A with 1 in a different column, this should
do the magic!