Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lori Jo Vincent[_2_] Lori Jo Vincent[_2_] is offline

Default Reference offset cell

Newbie here. I have a spreadsheet with raw data that is organized in a
fashion that I cannot sort. Each record takes up multiple lines, with the
record identifier only in cell A2. I want to move the data around so it is
all on one row. For example, the first record takes up (A2:c:4). I want to
be able to make A1 the first column of the first record, and move everything
from A2:c5 to be on row 1.
ie: raw data:
My_A2 My_B2 My_C2
My_A3 My_B3 My_C3
My_A4 My_B4 My_C4
I want:
My_A2 My_B2 My_C2 My_A3 My_B3 My_C3 My_A4 My_B4 My_C4

I want to be able to do this for each row all the way down the spreadsheet
for a given range (My_Range), fields A3 & A4 will always be blank, so I can
resort and save only the rows where A2 has data.

Please advise if any one out there has a great idea how to do this!

~~ L J
Lori Jo Vincent
Using: Excel 2003, WindowsXP Professional