Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] phong.lee@gmail.com is offline

Default Date Issue in excel vba

On Sep 10, 2:14 pm, JW wrote:
Sub foo2()
Dim Dt1 As String
Dim Dt2 As String
Dt1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C15").Text
Dt2 = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C16").Text
MsgBox Dt1 & Chr(10) & Dt2
End Sub

wrote:
On Sep 10, 2:01 pm, JW wrote:
You are just declaring the variable. You need to assign a value to
the variable.
Sub foo2()
Dim Dt1 As Date
Dim Dt2 As Date
Dt1 = Date
Dt2 = Date + 5
MsgBox Dt1 & Chr(10) & Dt2
End Sub

wrote:
Hello all,

i'm having an issue with a date variable in excel vba that i can't
figure out. I hope someone can tell me what's wrong and how come it's
happening.

On one of my spread sheet i have 2 dates. A start date and a end
date. I did some code by creating a module in vb.

DIM Dt1 as date
DIM Dt2 as date

The problem is that when i look at what the value of dt1 and dt2 in
worksheet1, it only shows 12:00am. is there some way that i need to
specified to show the exact date on my sheet?- Hide quoted text -

What if i have 2 dates already in another sheet and wanted to get the
value from the sheet?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks JW.

Can you explain the following 2 lines? I'm looking at a process that
was written by someone else and didn't know what these 2 line was
doing.

res = Application.Match(CLng(dt1), r, 0)
res1 = Application.Match(CLng(dt2), r, 0)

res variable returns a 2042 error.