Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default Stop Data being sorted

I use Excel as a database program for a couple of applications at
work, and I can sort the raw data without causing any problems. I
make liberal use of VLOOKUP to extract the data I need. Perhaps
something like that may work for you?

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 10, 11:08 am, wrote:
Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that I am using like a database (I know I should
have written it in access but was told to write it in excel) but the
problem is that if people sort it using either the AZ button or the
options in an autofilter it messes up the data stored on other
worksheets. Can I disable the use of the AZ button and the sort AZ in
the autofilter drop down (I need the drop down for its other
functions). I would be happy at the very least if I could have a pop-
up saying 'are you sure you want to do this?' and giving the option of
cancel.

Thanks in advance.

Matt