Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Graham Y Graham Y is offline

Default Worksheet_SelectionChange allow multiple ranges to be selected

I was sure I had done this, but maybe it was only when testing and it failed
leaving Events turned off.
Can I test for ctrl key down in my event?
Then I can control whether to display my form.

Thanks

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

That doesn't trigger an event.

Tom Ogilvy

"Graham Y" wrote:

As the ctrl key needs to be held down to select non-contiguious cells I would
have thought it could detect the ctrl key position
So, taking finger off the ctrl key could be the indicator.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How would excel know you have stopped selecting cells?

Events don't fire when you don't do anything.

Tom Ogilvy

"Graham Y" wrote:

I have an input form that pops up when a user selectes a cell, but I want
them to be able to use ctrl to pick non-contiguious cells, but as soon as I
let go of the mouse button, to select the next cell, the form pops up.
I know I've done this before because I have put code in to check the range
of columns selected, which I have tested.

Any Ideas how I stop the form poping up until I have stopped selecting cells?