Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Bruce Robert Bruce is offline

Default Persistent Data Structures in VBA

That is the problem, often I do have to hit the END statement and so
loose the state. I am toying with the idea of using ADO record sets
wrapped in a class. Essentially it would use the users temp directory
to store some sort of file representation of data objects. This would
mean that even if the VBA code execution is stopped ( i.e. END called)
the objects could recover their data from the persisted files. The
drawback with this is I would have to work out the time efficiencies
of the storing and lookup as well as re-initialisation

Tom

Use of the END statement has long been frowned upon by VB developers because
of the way it works. It's like throwing a grenade at your PC - your code
execution will finish for sure, but there are tidier ways to do it.

Rob