Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kathy Houtami Kathy Houtami is offline

Default Use the autofilter result on one workbook to filter the next list on another workbook

Hi Mike

What kind of detail do you need on my work book. I have an
intermediate - advance level on VBA programming, though only in MS
Access, but I assume not too much difference. This is my first attempt
on try to program in excel VBA.

Cheers
Kathy

On Sep 7, 11:00 pm, "Mike Fogleman"
wrote:
Yes, it can be done. I have built a report that part of it does something
similar with a filtered list. Because it is all automated, the second list
is filtered by each item from the first list so fast there is no time to
read the results. So what I did was to transfer the results to a third sheet
that could be named "Failed History" in your case. That sheet would list
each failed student from the first list, and their grade history from the
second list, with a blank row between each student's history, as a
separator.
We would need details of your workbook(s) in order to help you get started.
What is your experience level in writing VBA code? None, Some, Intermediate,
Advanced, Developer?

Mike F

"Kathy Houtami" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi All,

Is it possible to extract the filtered result after using the
AutoFilter and use this list to be the filter criteria on another
worksheet.

So for example:
on the first worksheet - filter for all failed (grade <= D+) students
on one paper on the next worksheet - get the filtered list on the 1st
worksheet and automatically use this list to custom filter the next
list, so it will display all the failed students past grades history

Can this be done?

Cheers
Kathy- Hide quoted text -