Noe

Thanks to all (or one or two of you), after you read this I need help on
making sure this application (Excel) performs all functions with a return
code = 0, I saw soemthing on this but what I am really looking for is a way
to insure that the VBS script did everything = OK, no failures along the
way...Thanks in advance...

Here is what I am using now:

a batfile that calls the vbs file

batfile:
======

REM CANCEL file processing

rem files ready
if not exist CAN-*.xls exit /b 9

rem prep
if exist cancel.xls del cancel.xls

rem set variables
set file=CAN-*.xls
set dir=toclient\
set backup=bkup\

for %%i in ( %dir%%file% ) do (
copy /b %dir%%%~nxi %backup%%%~nxi ) && (
call backup.bat %backup%,%%~nxi ) && (
cancel.vbs "%dir%%%~nxi")

vbs file:
======

Dim macro
Dim filename
Dim XLApp
Dim XLWkb

Set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

xlapp.visible = true
xlapp.Workbooks.Open
"C:\DOCUME~1\xxx\APPLIC~1\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\ PERSONAL.XLS"

filename = WScript.Arguments.item(0)
xlapp.Workbooks.Open filename

macro = "Personal.xls!Cancel"
xlapp.run macro

xlapp.ActiveWorkbook.Close
xlapp.Application.Quit
===================================
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Yes. Excel and Word are two different programs.

If you want your macro to always run when you open that file, you can name it
auto_open (in a general module).

Noe wrote:

I am trying to "call" Excel from the DOS Command line (I do this in Word and
it works fine):

call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
/mPERSONAL.XLS!SusCancel 20050810.xls

I have saved the Macro into the "personal.xls" workbook.

It ain't getting control (it ain't workin').

Advice...

"Rick" wrote:

How can I make a procedure (or macro) run every time a workbook is opened?

I've tried naming it
Private Sub Autoexec()
and
Private Sub Startup()

But neither work. I'm sure I've done this before but I just can't remember
how.
I looked for startup options (like in Access) but I can't find where to name
a startup macro.

I don't want to use a switch on the startup line.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rick

--

Dave Peterson