Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Concatenation prob

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:08:05 -0000, "Francis Hookham"
wrote:

A visually handicapped friend is secretary of his club.

He receives a list of events on a spreadsheet where the date is given as
follows:

Col A contains "Jan"

Col B contains "1"

Col C contains "Tuesday" (which is superfluous in this operation)

We know the year is 2008

I am having difficulty in concatenating "1" and "Jan" and "08" into Col D,
formatted as "d mmm yy", so I can do away with Cols A-C

(Not decided yet whether to simply drag a fromua down the cut and past
values back, or the run a macro which might save time in long run because it
could delete empty rows at same time)

Please help, it's going to take me hours by hand otherwise.

Francis Hookham

=--(B1&A1&"2008")

Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy

or one of the preset date formats.
--ron