Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] david.j.winfield@gmail.com is offline

Default combo box value position instead of text?

Thanks, that is what I figured. I know how to create the VBA to do
what I want; I just thought that it would have been an obvious built
in feature that I was over looking.

On Sep 6, 8:46 pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
I don't know of a built in function to do that. You could probably write
some code to do it, since you know the range the combobox list comes from.
It is just a matter of tying the list index to the range array.

" wrote:
Is there a way to get a combobox object to give the position of the
item selected instead of the text. If I use combobox.value I just get
the text selected.

I have populated a combo box from a range of cells, and I would like
to know the cell that the text came from not the text itself.

Thanks,
David