Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tuffgil tuffgil is offline

Default Must I VBA?

Try using a combination of INDEX, and MATCH. These are much more flexible
than vlookup and hlookup and can accomplish almost any table lookup function.
Remember to have a value for all rows or columns for your match lookup
range- they can repeat if they are dummy values.
"xrbbaker" wrote:

I'm trying to do some resource forcasting and in the end display what
resources are needed,by month. Through a simple VLOOKUP or by using some of
Debra Dalgleish's Contextures TIPS, I can get the very first part of it, but
that's about it. That is, walk down column A until it finds "Needed" and
then return the associated needed skill. Then I hit a wall.

Can I get where I want to go without VBA? If VBA is required, I can do some
basic VBA stuff by myself, but not this. Can anybody point me to a site that
has something like this, or give me a jump start?

thanks very much - Russ

PROJECT 1 Jan Feb Mar
Mike cobol 1 1 1
Tom java 1 .5 .25